We are looking for an friendly, personable, and energetic individual with a passion for craft beer, details, and outstanding customer service to join our team in the sampling room. This individual would need to be available Friday evenings and Saturday afternoon and evenings, with opportunities for additional times during our Thursday and Sunday retail hours, special events such as festivals, or private sampling room rentals. Job duties will be focused around the sampling room, serving guests to the brewery, and assisting brewery operations staff when needed.
At Lower Forge Brewery, we are building a team that believes in working hard and having fun all in the pursuit of building customer loyalty by enhancing the customer experience.
A few qualities we value in our team members are:
- A strong and honest work ethic
- Being a positive representative for our brewery
- An ability to react quickly and solve problems
- Be able to tell the “Lower Forge Brewery” story
- Must be a quick learner, willing and able to handle kegs
- A fun, upbeat & enthusiastic personality, with a happy countenance and a love of people, especially beer people.
- Mutual respect for other members of the Lower Forge Brewery staff
The sampling room server is responsible for providing excellent service to our customers, both behind the bar as an ambassador for our beer during tours. The position requires knowledge of bar and draft operations, cleaning and hygiene, handling money, and responsible alcohol management. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and independent worker able to handle a high-volume and fast-paced work environment. You must have great social skills and the ability to multi-task. Other qualifications include politeness, strong work ethic, punctuality, attentiveness, and desire to work as a team player.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience in craft beer, bar, or service industry.
- Continuing education beyond high school is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of craft beer styles and the craft brewing process.
- Be available for a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work long shifts and stand for long periods of time and must be able to lift and carry 60 lbs. and move 150 lbs.
- Ability to be calm, flexible, and provide exceptional customer service while working through high-volume situations.
- Experience with point of sale system and credit card transactions. The position requires the safe and honest handling of money and keeping accurate tabs. Good math skills are required.
- Experience with draft systems and clean bar operations including glass and growler washing and filling; sweeping and mopping floors; straightening/cleaning tables/bar; cleaning restrooms and other duties typical of sampling room/tap room operations.
- Must have engaging communication skills and get along well with others.
- Safe Alcohol Service Training, TIPS, or responsible vendor training is required.
- Certified Beer Server (MBAA) or Cicerone Server certification is a plus, but not required.
- Military Service, Veteran-status
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Lower Forge Brewery offers competitive compensation, beer benefits, and a demanding but nurturing culture. The opportunity for advancement and future full-time employment within the company will be available to the right person.
TO APPLY: Please fill out our online form so that our brewery team can review your information.